SOAP stands for Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer. Today’s journal comes from reading Romans 1.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” –Romans 1:16
- Power: dynamics– inherent power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature
- The good news of Jesus Christ is POWERFUL, indeed, it is God’s power. There is no greater power than God! The gospel is more powerful than money, military, political or any other type of power!
- The gospel has the power to save a person–to deliver them, to make them new, to make them ALIVE! Nothing else on earth can do this to and for a person.
- In spite of the awesome good news, many people–even those who have benefitted from the gospel–are ASHAMED or embarrassed by this good news. Why is this?
Could it be our human pride doesn’t want to admit our need–that we are lost and in need of salvation?
Humility is an essential, necessary pre-requisite to saving faith.
- The gospel can and will save anyone–indeed everyone–who believes. No exceptions! No one is too far gone.
The only obstacle is our pride, and God even knows how to humble the proud.
- Preach the good news of Christ. Morality doesn’t save us–Jesus does. Apologetics won’t ultimately save us–only Jesus saves! Preach the gospel, and He will save people!
- Get out the gospel in every way possible. Preach it, literature, YouTube, audio, web, etc. Unleash the power!!
Father, thank You for the mighty power of the gospel. Thank You that You save lost weak, needy people through the gospel. Unleash Your gospel! Use me, I pray, and raise up a mighty army of the redeemed to proclaim Your gospel throughout the world. We need it desperately!
And, Father, so many have distorted Your gospel. Help me declare it clearly and accurately. Help me fight for its truth. Let me speak it without watering it down or making it more difficult than it really is. The devil distorts the gospel in such cunning ways–might his deceptions be exposed and Your truth prevail.
In Jesus’ Name and for His glory,